I’ve been busy at my new job making tons of tip money and getting soaked in ice cream (yuck), but I’ve had several ideas that I will share here:
- Don’t trust people who still act like spoiled children into adulthood. Ain’t nobody got time.
- Buy your friend coffee or a movie ticket and don’t write it down or ask them for a reimbursement.
- Your friends give the best book recommendations.
- Take yourself on dates.
- Make time to be alone every day.
- Call your friends on their birthdays, or just when you’re thinking of them.
- If you are a writer, write like your life depends on it. Often, it does.
OK. Back to binge-watching Buffy and drinking tall boys like I’m 20 years old.
Now what kind of a dim-wit sexist illiterate moron do you have to be not to be able to read these books for what they are?
Chick Lit Vs. Lit Chicks – Great Books Written By Women – ELLE.
Funeral for Home
Watercolor paper stacked
rough as old hands–
heater grates open
to a desert.
Florence Boulevard smolders
in inch-deep volcano ash–
thick merlot carpet
petrifies like bone.
A ghost kicks dirt
in the basement. Long
hairs drizzle the bathtub.
Hornets lull the dead,
fruit drops and worms feast.
Happy #NaPoWriMo everyone.
I’ll be posting some of my dailies here. In the meantime, here are three gems from James Baldwin’s NEW poetry collection.
“I Don’t Feel Death Coming / I Feel Death Going”: 3 Poems By James Baldwin.